Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) Essential oil
Having a blog food blog and a love for cooking shows has broadened my taste buds and expanded the ingredients in my pantry. A few years ago I started experimenting with spices. I’d toss new spices in my cart while grocery shopping, not knowing how I would use them. It was at this time that I discovered Cardamom. At first I bought the whole seed pods and then I bought a bottle of it ground. It has a very warm smell and flavor and I discovered I loved it. I use it in my Ras el hanout and my ginger bread spice mixes, as well as other recipes. So when I saw Young Living had it as an Essential oil I had to put it on my next order.
This oil is amazing and now one of my go-to oils to diffuse during the day. It’s aroma is uplifting, refreshing and invigorating. It’s warm, spicy, and exotic. I love using a drop of cardamom vitality in my bullet proof lattes in the morning, it helps support digestive wellness and tastes amazing.
Below are 5 reasons why you should use it.
5 reasons why you should use Cardamom Essential oil…
- It supports digestive wellness. Simply apply to your abdomen with a carrier oil daily or take internally with a gel capsule daily.
- You can diffuse it for an energy boost that increases concentration and alertness
- It’s considered an aphrodisiac for both sexes. Try diffusing it while setting the mood.
- It’s wonderful for toning skin and shrinking pours. Try adding it to you skin care regime.
- It can improve scalp health and help get rid of dandruff.
For more information on Essential oils check out my Essential oil page, the other Reasons Why in the series, and Essential oils for Cats and Dogs.