Clove oil is a popular essential oil that is often used in many blends. It is known for its distinctive smell. Read on to lear more about uses for clove oil.
Clove Essential oil (Syzgium aromaticum)
What does clove smell like?
Clove Essential oil has a spicy, warm scent that reminds me of the holidays. Probably because most people only use clove as a spice during the holidays. It has a slightly spicy smell, and is often mixed with other scents like cinnamon.
If you know what I mean when I say that holiday smell that seems to be pumped into stores, then you know what clove smells like.
It's one of the ingredients in Young Livings Thieves oil and cleaning line, which I use all the time, so my house has a bit of a clove smell all year round.
It makes my house smell cozy and inviting. I feel like the way a home smells is really important. You don't want to stay or visit a stinky house.
Along with making things smell good Clove oil has been used for years to temporarily relieve toothaches due to its Eugenol content. Which is one reason I like to keep it on hand. I've used a cotton swab to apply it to a toothache until I've been able to get into a dentist. Toothaches and mouth pain can be overwhelming and very distracting. I love that I can reach form thing natural to help me until I can get the problem fixed.
It's also wonderful to diffuse with other scents, like cinnamon, orange, and cardamom, to enjoy the cozy fall and winter seasons.
Below are 5 reasons why you should use Clove oil...
Clove Essential Oil Uses
- It's wonderful for the skin and can help fight acne. Add a few drops to a carrier oil and apply to acne or add a few drops to your nightly skin regime.
- It helps reduce toothache discomfort. Lightly dilute or use neat on toothache.
- It helps support your Immune system and can help keep you above the wellness line.
- Its scent it relaxing and can help reduce stress.
- It can be used as an insect repellent (especially for mosquitoes).
*Caution*Clove has anticoagulant properties that can be enhanced when combined with Warfarin, asprin, etc. If you are on blood thinners you should talk with your health care provider before using Clove.