Grapefruit Essential oil (Citrus Paradisi)
The citrus family of Essential oils are awesome and it's hard to choose which one I like best. Grapefruit Essential oil has punch like Lemon but a sweetness like Orange to it. It's wonderful when diffused with Bergamot or Lavender, and I love adding a drop to my water.
Grapefruit is a hybrid from a sweet orange and a pomelo. When it was discovered, it was called the 'forbidden fruit" and often overlooked, now it's a prized fruit that is loved by many and comes in a few different varieties.
When I was younger we would always cut a grapefruit in half and sprinkle it with some sugar for a tasty treat, which is probably one reason I like adding a drop to my water.
5 Reasons why you should use Grapefruit Essential oil
- Its aroma is uplifting, soothing, and clarifying. Making it wonderful for stress relief
- Its a wonderful air freshener
- The Aroma can increase mental focus and give you a natural pick me up
- It's a natural acne treatment
- It's great to add to hair treatments - working as a degreaser and adds volume and shine
*Cautions* Like everything in the citrus family Grapefruit Essential oil can cause photosensitivity for 12 hours after application. If you are applying it topically protect your skin from sun exposure to avoid sun burns.