Marjoram Essential oil (Origanum majorana)
This oil is my favorite of the herb oils. Like I love Basil, and Mountain Savory, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Marjoram. It's like a sweet version of Oregano. It almost has a perfume quality because of it's sweetness but you definitely know it's an herb.
I fell in love with Marjoram a few years ago when I was obsessing over Italian food. One of the recipes I found called for an olive oil sauce with red onion and marjoram leaves. It was an amazing recipe and I've been hooked on Marjoram ever since.
I was super excited when I found out Young Living carried Marjoram Essential oil and ordered it from their vitality line. I occasionally use it in recipes but I love adding it to a massage oil or diffusing it when I really want to relax and make the house smell amazing.
5 Reasons why you should use Marjoram Essential oil.
- It aids in digestion. Try diluting it with a carrier oil in a vegetable capsule and take once daily. Or apply diluted to your stomach and abdomen twice daily.
- It can help with women's wellness. Apply diluted to your lower abdomen during aunt flow.
- Do to its antibacterial and anti-fungal nature it's wonderful for use during Mani and Pedi's. If you get them done professionally try keeping a roller bottle with diluted Marjoram in your purse and apply some to your nail beds after getting them pampered.
- The aroma is calming and can relieve stress. Diffuse it or add to Epson salts before a bath to help you unwind.
- It makes for a soothing massage. Add a few drops to a carrier oil and give (or get!) a relaxing massage.
For more information on Essential oils check out my Essential oil page, the other Reasons Why in the series, and Essential oils for Cats and Dogs.
Leave a Reply