Nutmeg Essential oil (Myristica fragrans)
As soon as I open the bottle it smells like fall, reminding me of crisp air, crunchy dead leave, and warm baked goods. Nutmeg Essential oil smells spicy, earthy and warm. While it definitely reminds me of fall and the holidays, Nutmeg essential oil is useful year round.
I mainly blend it with other oils (like Cedarwood and Vetiver) for a peaceful night sleep but I've also added it to a soothing massage oil for when we overwork our muscles (hello gardening season and ALL my new garden beds).
5 Reasons why you should use Nutmeg Essential oil
- It can aid in digestion wellness. Make a roller bottle and apply to your stomach 1-2 times daily
- It makes a soothing addition to massage oil
- Its properties can help relieve anxiety and reduce stress
- It can help eliminate bad breath
- diffusing may help improve sleep quality. Diffuse before bed, either alone or with your favorite bed times oils