Tea Tree Essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Tea Tree reminds me of a spa or massage therapist office. It's clean and grounding and I feel refreshed and invigorated when I diffuse it. I love using it when I get a blemish or zit (aren't those fun?). I apply it neat to the area and go about my day. Within a few minutes it's already helping. I've noticed how much it helps my skin, blemish or not, and makes my skin feel smooth. This is one of the only oils Mr. Everything isn't a fan of and he admits it's because he's never liked the smell of Tea Tree. Though he's said he doesn't mind this one as much. So happily this bottle is all mine.
Below are 5 reason why you should use Tea Tree Essential oil.
5 Reasons why you should use Tea Tree Essential oil
- It's wonderful for your skin and can help fight acne breakouts
- It makes a wonderful oil for homemade deodorants- check out my deodorant recipe.
- It can help eliminate dandruff and encourage hair growth. Try making a monthly hair serum with it.
- It's wonderful for cleaning- try using it in your laundry
- It makes are great bug repellent, and maybe stronger than DEET according to some studies.
*Caution* Do not use directly with Cats or diffuse in a room where a cat cannot get away from the diffuser. Tea Tree cannot be processed by most cats and it should be used with caution around your feline friends. Please read my Essential oils and cats for more information.*
For more information on Essential oils check out my Essential oil page, the other Reasons Why in the series, and Essential oils for Cats and Dogs.