Baked French Toast
Custard like bottom, toast like top, and beautiful french toast inbetween. Baked French Toast is super easy to make and perfect for brunch
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Large slices Gluten free bread – cut in half ( Or 8 from a normal loaf of GF bread)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Half n’ Half
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 TBS Butter (Melted)
- 3 TBS Bread Crumbs (You can use the crumbs from cutting the bread slices or dry bread crumbs)
The EggNog spices
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 5″x 9″ bread pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all the eggs, milk, half n’ half, sugar, and spices.
- Arrange the bread peices in the pan (staggered if possible) and pour the liquids you just mixed over the top off all the bread. Next sprinkle the bread crumbs and drizzle the melted butter over everything.
- Bake in the over for 30 minutes, until the top is turning golden brown and the liquid has become like a custard.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Baked, Breakfast, Brunch, French Toast