I've become obsessed with Scrambled Egg Bakes.
My Mr. and I celebrated 1 year together with a weekend getaway to Hood River. It was beautiful along the gorge and we found some amazing shops and restaurants. One of which was Broder Øst, a Scandinavian style restaurant. If you have a chance to go, it's a MUST to try.
Everything was amazing, from my Latte with Cardamom, and my side of smashed potatoes with marjoram butter (Probably my favorite, I could eat them forever, and am working on my own version at the moment), to my Scrambled egg bake with Apple and Brie. I ate a lot of wonderful food that weekend but this by far was my favorite and I savored everything.
Once I was back home I was inspired to make my own. I'm still perfecting my cardamom latte and smashed potatoes with marjoram butter, but this scrambled egg bake is already perfect. The eggs are warming and perfectly cooked, the apple adds a tiny zing and a little sweetness, and the brie gets gooey and flavorful. I love getting a bite with a little bit of everything. The trio of egg, apple, and brie is magic.
Try this recipe as is and then you can experiment with other add-ins and change up the flavor profile... I still haven't explored other flavors... brie and apples man, I just cant give it up.
Below is an affiliate link- if you decide to purchase from one of this link I will make a commission which helps support this blog and keeps it Ad free.
3.5" Cast Iron Skillet- perfect for single servings (also works for personal sized dutch babies)Print
Brie and Apple Scrambled Egg Bake
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ of an Apple- Pink lady or Honey crisp work best (Apples listed have a sweet/tart flavor and stay firm when cooked.)
- ¼ cup Brie (Measurement is approximate, you don't want to actually measure out ¼ cup of cheese. )
- 2 tsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
Place butter in a small cast iron pan or small baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, salt and pepper them and scramble with a fork.
Cut the ¼ of an apple into bite size pieces.
- Open the oven and pull out the rack that has the pan with the melted butter. Add in the apple pieces, cover with scrambled egg and break brie off into bite size chunks and scatter around in the eggs. Close oven and bake for 18-22 minutes, until eggs are set and it's starting to become golden.
- Remove from oven and place on a heat safe serving surface. Allow to cool for a minute and dig in.
*This recipe can be multiplied and made for a group brunch. Try pairing it with crusty bread and a side of bacon.
Leave a Reply