Is there anything better than a hefty stack of fluffy, buttery pancakes on a weekend morning? These gluten free buttermilk pancakes are so soft and delicious, that you'd never realize they were gluten free!
Buttermilk Pancakes For The WIN!
Your weekend just got a little sweeter.
My Mr. couldn't believe these were gluten free and devoured them eagerly. They are soft, a little bit fluffy, and have amazing flavor and texture.
Never go back to dull pancakes
Have you ever gotten pancakes that look amazing, only to take a bite and get the overwhelming taste of baking soda? Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I set out to create a gluten free buttermilk pancake that was still fluffy without its flavor getting compromised. These pancakes have the fluffy lift you want in a pancake without the huge amount of baking soda and baking powder. They are wonderfully balanced and have a slightly sweet and creamy flavor to them.
They reheat well and can be frozen to use at a later date. I like to make a double or triple batch and freeze some for a quick breakfast option. I even like them cold, straight from the fridge as I run out the door in the a.m… But they are best hot off the griddle with some melting butter and syrup drizzled over the top!
Try making these Veggie Hashbrowns or some of my Smokey Breakfast Sausage to make this a full brunch!
What's your favorite pancake topping? Mine is the traditional butter and maple syrup, but these gluten free buttermilk pancakes would be equally delicious topped with whipped cream and fruit!
Please note that I sometimes use Affiliate links. If you decide to purchase using these links, I will earn a small commission which helps keep this blog running, thank you!
A counter top skillet makes cooking pancakes a breeze, especially if you are cooking other things to go with it, the stove top can be full of hash-browns, bacon, and eggs, while the skillet is cooking up your perfect pancakes.
I highly recommend using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend with this recipe. You are welcome to try your favorite flour blend but results will vary.
This Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes recipe is the only Pancake recipe you need to know. Trust me on this. There are some good pancake recipes out there, but this one is the best because, naturally, it's gluten free!
Looking for more gluten free breakfast recipes?
- Easy Paleo Pancakes
- Gluten Free Coffee Cake
- Gluten Free Breakfast Nachos
- Easy Hearty Breakfast Bowl
- Gluten Free Cornbread Breakfast Skillet
If you've tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below!Print
Easy gluten free buttermilk pancakes that are fluffy, golden, and delicious.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour
- 3 TBS Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 3 TBS Butter (melted)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Push the flour mixture to the edges of the bowl, creating a well in the center, then add the remaining ingredients and slowly whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, scoop approx ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet. If possible repeat until skillet is full but not crowded. Let bubbles form and pop as the bottom cooks. When the top looks a little solid and the bubbles have popped it is ready to flip. Let the pancake brown on the other side before removing from the skillet.
- Serve immediately or you can heat your oven to it's lowest bake setting and place finished pancakes on a baking sheet and hold them in the warm oven until ready to serve.
Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch, Gluten free, Pancakes
Leave a Reply