Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Cakey chocolate cookies dusted with powdered sugar and baked to perfection.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Holiday
- 1/3 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Vanilla extract
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup Yogurt - Plain
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Bob Red Mill's 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 oz Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate (Minced)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar. Then add in the vanilla, egg whites, and yogurt. Mix this at medium speed until fully combined.
- Place the powdered sugar in a plastic bag and set side.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet until they are fully combined and form a dough.
- Using clean hands, grab a golfball sized amount of dough and roll it into a ball. Drop the dough ball into the bag of powdered sugar and repeat. Once all the dough is in the bag zip it closed and give it a bit of a shake to coat all the dough balls in sugar.
- Arrange dough balls on a baking sheet, leaving an inch between them, and bake them for 10 to 15 minutes, till the edges are becoming firm.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving or serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Cookies, Gluten free