Gluten free cornbread is one of my favorite sides to make in the fall. It’s the perfect comfort food when the weather starts to turn cold.
I love topping it with whipped honey butter and serving it with Chili or Chicken Chili. The sweetness of the cornbread with the spiciness of the chili is addicting. It makes for a filling and hearty meal that everyone loves.
Gluten free Cornbread is a great mix and dump recipe that takes no time at all. I usually start out by mixing all the dry ingredients in a large glass bowl. Then I add in the wet ingredients and mix until it’s fully combined.
Then I dump it all in a greased pan, set a timer and forget about it till it dings (or in my case, until the dwarves start singing ‘misty mountain’ cause I’m a nerd like that).
I’ve only made this using Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend. I’m kind of in love with it and love that it’s a local company for me.
You can try using another blend but the results will vary because not all gluten free flour blends are made the same. You may need to tweak the recipe to work with your four blend.
Once it cools slightly it’s ready to cut up and serve. As I said before it’s amazing with whipped honey butter. Which is easy to whip up while you’re waiting for the cornbread to cool enough to serve.
Now, I’m not one to put corn kernels into my cornbread, but if it’s your thing you can drain a can of sweet corn and add it to the batter. I would not use creamed corn or the batter will be too thin.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge to keep it from drying out. They should last for 5 days in the fridge.Print
Soft, moist and comforting. Cornbread is a classic on the table.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill's 1 to 1 Gluten free flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 pan
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined into a batter.
- Pour the batter into grease pan and bake for 30 minutes, a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cornbread should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
Keywords: bread, Corn, cornbread, Gluten free, Muffins