Coconut Caramel Creamer almost sounds like a tongue twister. Thankfully your tongue will enjoy this coffee creamer and have no problem saying Coconut Caramel Creamer a million times. Which will happen when you're constantly making it and sharing it with friends. It's creamy, caramely, and you don't have to feel guilty about having more than one cup.
Why? Because this coffee creamer is dairy free, gluten free, paleo friendly, and vegan.
It has 3 ingredients, that's it. This coffee creamer has been a life saver for when I take dairy out of my diet, and has become a staple in my kitchen.
One of the tricks of this recipes is that you need to use a coconut milk that is full fat and without any additives like gaur gum. Producers put emulsifyers, like gaur gum, in coconut milk to stop it from seperating. Which is nice if you want creamy coconut milk for something like soup. For this recipe you want separation.
When coconut milk without an emulsifyer sits undisdurbed for a while or sits and gets cold, it seperates the fatty coconut milk from the coconut water. This allows you to use them as two seperate ingeredients and will result in a coffee creamer that is made quicker. You can make this recipe without seperating but I find that is takes longer and is thinner in consistency.
Also if you want a thicker creamer don't use all of the coconut water. Add only enough to get the consistency that you desire.
Make some, get addicted, then come back and leave a comment.Print
Coconut Caramel Coffee Creamer
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 can Coconut milk (Refrigerated for at least 3 hours)
- 3 TBS Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp Flur de Sel salt (Can sub with Sea Salt)
- Open the can of Coconut milk and sperate the coconut cream from the coconut water. Keep both.
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the coconut cream and the coconut sugar. Turn the burner to med-high heat.
- Whisking often, let the mixture come to a boil, and cook for 10-15 minutes until the sugar has caramelized (it will get darker, thicker, and smell stronger).
- Remove from heat, add in the coconut water and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Allow to cool before use. 2-3 spoonful's is perfect for a cup of coffee or tea. This creamer will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Make sure your coconut milk does not contain any guar gum or other emulsifier as it will not allow the coconut cream and water to separate properly.