Creamy Cornbread Muffins? Let me explain. These delicious babies were first made on accident and became a keeper. I was out of cornmeal but I did have cornflour. The difference? Cornflour is super fine while cornmeal has that grittiness that makes traditional cornbread have that crunch.
Cornflour is usually used for making tortillas or tamales. In a way these Creamy Cornbread Muffins are like if a tamale and a muffin had a baby. And that baby tastes amazing.
Depending on what we are making for dinner we will switch between these and traditional cornbread, but we always whip up some honey butter to go with them, it’s a must for any kind of cornbread.Print
Creamy cornbread muffins
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Butter (Softened)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs (Room temp)
- 1 cup Milk (Room temp preferred )
- 1 cup Corn Flour (NOT corn meal)
- 1 cup Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the Butter, Sugar, and Salt.
Add in the Eggs and once everything is combined add in the Milk. If your ingredients are cold the mixture will look chunky, that is okay.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining 3 ingredients.
- With the mixer on low speed slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Once combined kick the mixer up to med-high speed and let whip until the batter becomes a little lighter in color and is fluffier.
- While the batter is whipping, line a cupcake pan with cups (you can grease the pan, but I like them in cups).
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake pan till 3/4 of the way full. The batter is thick and you need to smooth out the top or you’ll have dark crunchy peaks.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Serve while still warm with some honey butter.