Ham and Cheese Quesadillas are an easy lunch or snack that I find hugely satisfying and comforting. There is just something about the melted cheese and smokey sweet ham that make everything feel okay.
When I was in the middle my divorce I made these all the time. Money was tight and with a fridge that was a little barren these were my jam. Ham and Cheese Quesadillas are super easy to make. If your cheese is pre-shredded or sliced it makes it even easier. It only takes a few minutes to make them and the gooey melted cheese with the sweet and salty ham is to die for.
I fell in love with the little bit of heat and tang the pepperoncinis give. I'm normally not a heat/peppers person but these pepperoncinis make these quesadillas that much better. So don't leave them out. They add a tang and just enough heat to warm your mouth and they pair really well with both the ham and cheese.
During my divorce I ate these quesadillas more times than I'd like to admit. It's like combinging the comfort of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with the ease of making a quesadilla. It's a win-win and the addition of the pepperoncinis adds a little excitement and pop of flavor.
They have that perfect combo of salt and tang, with a little sweetness from the ham. I can confirm that you have love off of these (at least for a while).
I cook these up if I'm alone and in a hurry or if I have company and need a little snack. You can't go wrong when they have only 4 ingredients and clean up is a breeze.Print
Easy Ham & Cheese Quesadilla's with Pepperoncini's
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 person 1x
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 2 slices pre-sliced ham
- ¾ cup Shredded cheese - cheddar or Mexican blend (or 4 slices cheddar cheese)
- ¼ cup deli- sliced pepperoncini (usually found in the same isle as pickles)
- Heat a non-stick pan over med-high heat
- On a cutting board, lay out 1 tortilla. Layer with cheese, ham slice, pepperoncini's, more cheese and top with the another tortilla. Repeat for making 2nd quesadilla.
- Place your un-cooked quesadilla in your hot pan and cook until the bottom tortilla starts to brown and some of the cheese has melted. Then flip carefully. Once the 2nd side of the tortilla is has browned remove your quesadilla from the pan.
- Repeat with 2nd quesadilla
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!