Are you looking for a quick and easy to make homemade rose scrub? This rose sugar scrub is so easy to make, and is simple to customize to your preferences. Let's take a look at some of these options.
Easy Homemade Rose Scrub
Rose petal sugar scrub is a great way to use up those dying roses from valentines day, your birthday, or mothers day.
When you get roses it's usually to celebrate something and it's sad to see them wilt after a week. Give them new purpose and pamper yourself with a rose petal sugar scrub.
The best part of this? Make it perfect by mixing the sugar and rose petals with your favorite oils like:
- Coconut Oil
- Apricot Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Almond Oil
These are the ones I have tried, but feel free to chose something that isn't on this list. This rose scrub is very versatile, and the oil is a key element to really make it nourish your skin.
The recipe is pretty straight forward, oil, sugar, rose petals, and essential oils. I've found that combining valor, grapefruit, and gentle baby with the rose petals creates a luxurious and slightly exotic scent.
It relaxes and invigorates me at the same time. I feel cozy and refreshed after using it and my skin feels wonderful. These winter months have dried out my skin no matter how often I apply lotion. But this sugar scrub exfoliates, softens, and moisturizes my skin.
When choosing a carrier oil for this scrub it's a good idea to combine oils. Not only to cover your bases when it comes to moisturizing your skin but also to save on cost.
Oils like Jojoba, Macadamia, and Rosehip seed oil are amazing for the skin but are more expensive and come in smaller quantities than say a coconut oil. In the recipe below I've listed some great bulk oils but combining other oils will benefit your skin even more.
For more about essential oils check out my Essential oils page.Print
Rose Petal sugar scrub
The soft scent of roses paired with valor, gentle baby, and grapefruit essential oils smells heavenly and the oil and sugar exfoliate, soften, and hydrate your skin. This sugar scrub is a magical experience that your body needs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 uses 1x
- Category: other
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Cup Oil (Fractioned Coconut oil, Apricot oil, Avocado oil, or Almond oil.)
- 2 Cups Granulated white sugar
- 1 Dozen Roses- petals removed and saved (Wilting or fresh.)
- 3 Drops each Valor, Gentle baby, and Grapefruit essential oils
- Place the rose petals in a food processor with ½ cup of oil. Pulse until it becomes a fine paste. Add in the sugar, essential oils and remaining oil. Pulse until fully combined.
- Place in jars or Tupperware. This scrub will keep for a week or so at room temp or up to a month if refrigerated.
- I recommend storing it in several containers and keeping them in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to pamper yourself. Allow the scrub to come to room temp before using.
Leave a Reply