Tis the season for all things gingerbread! These easy gluten free gingerbread cookies have just the right amount of crunch and are the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. Perfect alongside an ice-cold glass of milk, and a must-make this holiday season.
Ensure your spot on Santa's NICE List!
It's that time of year! Everything sweet and comforting is coming out of the
woodwork err, kitchen. My last post was for Gingerbread spice, so I felt like sharing my recipe for gluten free Gingerbread cookies was the obvious next choice! I of course made gingerbread men, and I'll confess right now that icing these little guys is not my strong suit, but if you're like me and decorating is a challenge, don't worry, these cookies taste so good no one will care what they look like! And it's always fun to get the kiddos involved in the decoration process.
Get the kiddos in on the fun!
These gluten free gingerbread cookies are a treat Santa simply cannot resist. These guys cover all the important basics for Gingerbread cookies. When they are freshly baked they are soft, moist, and chewy and when they fully cool they are firm with the right amount of crunch. This delicious gluten free gingerbread has a wonderful balance of sweetness and spice. These gluten free gingerbread cookies are not 'hot' or overwhelming and have the perfect warming spice and depth of flavor that will keep you (and the kiddos) coming back for more.
See this guy? I named him Oops. Oops was the first Cookie I removed from the baking sheet, he broke his foot because I didn't wait for him to cool, I was just FAR too excited to eat these cookies. Learn from my mistake with Oops, first allow the cookies to cool a bit before removing them from the cookie sheet, and second have FUN with any mistakes you make.
For the best flavor in all of your gluten free gingerbread needs, use my easy Gingerbread Spice. This is a delicious spice blend you'll be sure to use all holiday season. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, everyone!
Looking for more delicious Gluten Free Holiday Recipes?
- Gluten Free Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
- Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- The Perfect Cranberry Sauce
- Spiced Holiday Gluten Free Gingerbread Muffins
- Creamy Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake
If you've tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below!Print
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
A perfect balance of sugar and spice, these gluten free gingerbread cookies are what holiday cookie tray dreams are made of.
- 1 batch Of Gingerbread spice mix (approx 1 ¾ TBS * see notes for recipe)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 TBS Butter (softened)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to1 gluten free flour
- 1 TBS Orange juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Mollasses
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the spices, salt, baking soda, and flour.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Once those are combined, add in the remaining wet ingredients and whip together for 2-4 minutes until the mixture becomes lighter in color.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until everything is fully incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove the dough and roll it out to ¼ inch thick. Select shapes for cookies cut them out and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheet before moving, or they will crumble. Allow them to cool completely before decorating, but you can enjoy them plain while still warm!
One batch of gingerbread spice mix is;
2 teaspoon Ground ginger
1 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ground Anise seed
¼ teaspoon each of Ground Clove, Ground All Spice, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cardamom, and Ground Black Pepper.
Leave a Reply