If you're looking for a tasty gluten free breakfast, you have come to the right place! A gluten free blintz is EXACTLY the sweet start you need to kick off a fabulous day. Tangy cream cheese and sweet raspberry jam fill these gluten free crepes to make delicious blintzes!
Breakfast just got a MAJOR upgrade.
What is a Gluten free Blintz? It's basically a sweet crepe stuffed with cream cheese and jelly. They are sweet and tangy and so satisfying in the morning.
They are an awesome dish to make for brunch. Invite some friends over and get cookin'. Everyone loves brunch, right? Gluten free Blintzes seem super fancy but are really simple to make, and I assure you, everyone will LOVE them.
You can also just make these for yourself. No party needed, and I won't judge! You'll just end up with a lot of gluten free blintz (is that really a problem?). If you're not in the mood to halve the recipe, you can save whatever you don't eat for another day. These crepes will last in the fridge for up to 5 days and can even be frozen for longer storage.
This recipe is based on my gluten free crepe recipe, and it's REALLY easy to make. Trust me on this. If you think of weekend meals ahead of time as I do, you'll LOVE a trick I do when making these crepes. It's not really fancy, per se, but it is a time saver. I make the crepe batter the night before.
This is beneficial for two reasons. 1. The batter has plenty of time to rest, which allows the flour to absorb the liquid properly, making for a better batter. 2. It saves you time in the morning. No need to wait around for the batter to rest after making it. Once your skillet is hot, you're ready to make a delicious gluten free blintz!
You can also change up the flavor a bit by using different jellies. I used Raspberry for the recipe, but you can try blackberry jelly, blueberry jelly, grape jelly, or even marmalade. Go where your heart takes you with the flavor because the fruity possibilities are endless!
Looking for more gluten free sweets?
- Gluten Free Black Raspberry Jelly Doughnuts
- Gluten Free No Bake Coffee Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Pancake Bites
- Gluten Free Lemon Cake
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownies
If you've tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below!Print
Gluten Free Blintzes
Tangy cream cheese and sweet raspberry jam fill these gluten free crepes to make delicious blintzes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: American, French
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten free flour (Or preferred flour blend)
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8oz Cream cheese (Room temperature )
- ½ Cup Raspberry Jam
- In a bowl combine the gluten free flour, salt, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Slowly whisk in the milk so no lumps form. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place a 10" skillet over a medium high burner. Once the pan is hot take a ¼ measuring cup and fill with batter. Pour the batter into the middle of the skillet, then tilt the skillet in a half circle motion to spread the batter thin. Cook for 1-3 minutes until the top has set and the bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip the crepe and cook for another 10-30 seconds to brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble the blintz's, smear a line of cream cheese down the center of the crepe and top with jam. Fold on side of the crepe over the center and then the other side to close the crepe. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Serve immediately
Keywords: Blintz, Breakfast, Brunch, cream cheese, Crepes, Gluten free, raspberry jelly