Gluten free breakfast nachos are here to spice up your mornings.
These nachos are a fun way to start the day. I usually make them for a lazy Sunday morning or afternoon snack. It combines the best of both worlds. Cheesy nachos and our breakfast favorites.
I like crafting the perfect bite by getting a little bit of everything on my chip. Pops of flavor from the bell pepper and green onion balance out the saltiness of the bacon and sausage, while the egg, cheese and avocado add flavor and texture. The zip of sour cream and the crunch of the tortilla chip really finishes it all off.
We've made these a few different ways at this point. We've used processed nachos cheese, pre-shredded cheese and even no cheese at all. The best tasting and easiest choice for us is a pre-shredded mexican cheese blend. It gives us the cheesy flavor we want without stealing the show, and it's super easy because it's already shredded.
The other ingredients can be tweaked to suit your style. Like how we use link sausage as opposed to ground sausage. I just love the flavor of these breakfast links and they are great with these nachos. If you have a ground breakfast sausage you love then use that instead of links.
Gluten free Breakfast Nachos
Chips are a pretty important decision for this recipe. Make sure you are using great tasting chips that can stand up to all the toppings without overshadowing them. I find that some tortilla chip brands are to thick for nachos and take over. It makes them great for using with dips but not for nachos like these.
I usually use Juanita's tortilla chips, they are hands down our favorite tortilla chips, ever. We use them for everything. They are locally made (yay Hood River OR!) but if they aren't in your area they also ship! Just check out the link above to see their website.
Most of the cooking is done on the stop top with a little time under the broiler towards to end. To serve them while the baking tray is still hot simply line a slightly larger baking tray with a kitchen towel and place the nacho baking tray on top. The kitchen towel will insulate the hot tray and keep it from sliding around, leaving you to hold the bottle tray safely.
Go make them this weekend and let me know how you like them!
If you want to change up the cubed avocado try making guacamole instead!Print
Scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon get a little kick with tortillas, bell pepper, avocado, cheese and sour cream. It's a great way to spice up your breakfast game.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Strips Bacon
- 4 Links Sausage links
- ½ TBS Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 4 Handfuls Corn Tortillas
- 1 Avocado (Cubed)
- 1 small Bell pepper (Sliced thin)
- 2 Green onions (Diced)
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- Prep the bell pepper, green onions and avocado. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lay out the bacon slices and cook, flipping occasionally, until crispy.
- Once the bacon is done move them to a paper towel lined plate and cook the sausage links, until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile place 4 handfuls of tortilla chips on a small baking tray and spread them out evenly. Sprinkle the cup of shredded cheese over the chips and set aside.
- When the sausages are done cooking remove them from the skillet and onto a cutting board. Chop the sausage into bite size pieces. Move the bacon over to the cutting board and repeat.
- Place the butter into the hot skillet and allow to melt. Break the eggs into a glass bowl and beat with a fork to scramble. Put the eggs into the hot skillet and cook until just done. Use a spatula to break the eggs into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle the scrambled eggs and chopped meat onto the cheese and chips. Place the baking tray in the oven and Broil on high until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with avocado cubes, bell pepper, green onion and sour cream. Serve immediately
Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch, Nachos