Who here loves brownies?!?! I know I do. The corner piece of a brownie is one of the most divine things to eat. It's packed full of chocolaty goodness and has both the fudgy and chewy texture of a good brownie.
I will say cake brownies are alright but why not just make a chocolate cake? Ya know? That's one of the reason all the gluten free brownies I make are of the chewy/fudge variety. Chewy brownies usually have more moisture and are dense and fudgy in the middle. The tops get that classic flaky look and they don't crumble as much as a cake brownie will. They are classic.
This recipe is pretty straight forward. I melt butter and chocolate chips together using a microwave. While that's melting I combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. I'll set all that aside so the melted butter/chocolate can cool and I mix together the remaining ingredients in another bowl. Once the melted butter/chocolate is cool I slowly add it to my other wet ingredients. That way the heat from melting them doesn't cook the eggs. Then I mix the wet with the dry to form the batter.
At this point you can add any chopped nuts, fruit, or chocolate chunks you'd like in your brownies. I usually keep mine plain but if I do dress them up I love adding walnut pieces to them.
After that the batter goes in a greased baking pan and cooks for 35 to 40 minutes. You want to make sure the brownies are set and the center is done. Inserting a toothpick into the center should come out clean to mostly clean for the perfect doneness.
You'll want to allow the brownies to cool before cutting into and serving them. This will allow them to fully set up and make both cutting and removing them from the pan a lot easier. Warm brownies will crumble if removed from the pan too early.
This is one of those recipes that people wont know are gluten free unless you tell them. It's up to you if you want to let them know you made gluten free brownies. I usually like to keep them in the dark until after they've eaten them. Then they are happily surprised and will grab another as opposed to steering clean of them in the first place.Print
Gluten free Chewy Brownies
Rich in chocolate with a soft and chewy texture. these gluten free brownies will satisfy all your cravings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American, Holiday
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Espresso powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9x9 square baker (or preferred brownie pan)
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine the sticks of butter and chocolate chips. Melt in the ingredients in the microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes. Stir until mostly smooth and set aside.
- In a larger bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- When the butter/chocolate mixture is cool, combine it with sugar, eggs and vanilla. Set the bowl a side.
- In another large bowl combine the remaining ingredients with a whisk. Once it's mixed, add the bowl of wet ingredients and thoroughly combine into a batter.
- Pour batter into the grease baking pan and carefully spread out into an even layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the center is set.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Keywords: Brownies, Chocolate, Gluten free