Gluten Free Buttermilk Scones
Fluffy, buttery scones that can be enjoyed alone or with butter and jam.
- Author: Alycia Louise
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Cups Bob's red mill's gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter (Cold)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- In a stand mixer combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to the mixer. Mix until the butter has broken down to pea sizes.
- Add the egg and buttermilk and mix until fully combined.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into disks. cover with cling wrap and let chill in the fridge for 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove dough from the fridge and take off the cling wrap. Cut into wedges by cutting in half, then quarters, then eighths. Repeat this with the other disk.
- Place the scones on a baking stone or tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. The scones will puff up slightly and begin to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack. They can be served as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
Keywords: Gluten free, Scones