I could probably live off of chocolate chip cookies with walnuts but sometimes you need a little variety, or maybe you know someone that can't have chocolate, or maybe you have a jonesing for homemade cookies and *GASP* you have no chocolate chips!
In any case these butterscotch cookies will do the trick.
These cookies are easy to make and are chewy, sweet, and a little bit salty. It's a satisfying combo that makes them irresistible. Be prepared to make a double batch if you are expecting company, they tend to go fast.
Your guests wont know they are gluten free unless you tell them. I've had a few people look at me in disbelief, with big bites of cookie in their mouth and ask 'Really?'.
Gluten Free Butterscotch Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 cup Butter (Softened )
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour
- 2 cups Oats (Measure then Powderize)
- 1 12 oz bag Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat over to 350F
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. then mix in the eggs
- In a separate bowl combine the gluten free flour, powderized oats, and salt
- With your mixer on a low speed, slowly add the flour to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined
- Add the butterscotch chips and mix until the chips are incorporated into the dough
- Scoop a spoonful of dough onto a greased cookie sheet (think golf ball size) leave 2 inch of space between dough balls
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let cookies cool slightly before moving them to a cooling rack, they need to set up a little or will come apart.
- Enjoy when slightly warm and easy to handle.