These gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins are a favorite of just about everyone I've served them too. This is your classic muffin made gluten free! The best part of this recipe is that it comes together with just 10 simple ingredients.
GF Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are a classic flavor combination. The lemon gives the perfect tartness and the poppy seeds balance out the sweet/tart flavor, bringing it all together so it's not overwhelming.
To make these muffins you'll simply need these gluten free baking supplies:
- Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- Poppy Seeds
- Baking Powder
- Lemon Juice / Lemon Zest
- Unsalted Butter
Lemon poppy seed used to be my go-to in coffee shops and bakeries. It's a satisfying flavor combination and it's also hard to screw it up. So it was usually a safe bet.
It's not any different when making gluten free lemon poppyseed muffins at home. Just 10 ingredients and a little mixing and you're on your way to having delicious and easy lemon poppy seed muffins.
For this recipe I made them in large muffin tins but you can also make them in cupcake tins (and I've added notes in the recipe for the adjustments). You're muffins will just be smaller than pictured and you might want to serve two instead of one!
If you find yourself making muffins often and want the bigger size I highly recommend investing in a large muffin tin. It usually has 6 muffin spaces and is perfect for most recipes.
You'll also have to invest in large muffin liners (cupcake liners wont work), but for under $25 you'll be set up to make ALL the muffins you want. - I have exact product recommendations below in my Amazon pick's.
These gf lemon poppyseed muffins not only have the perfect flavor but they also have an amazing structure and crumb. They're fluffy and perfectly bread like without being to dry.
I make up a batch or two and freeze most of them. That way I can let one thaw in the fridge when I know my morning will be hectic and I'll need a quick breakfast.Print
Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Fluffy and flavorful gluten free muffins with the classic flavor of Lemon and Poppy Seeds.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Snack
- Cuisine: American, French
- 1 ½ cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1 ½ TBS Poppy Seeds
- 2 TBS Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 TBS Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl combine the Flour, Poppy Seeds, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine the Sugar, Lemon Juice, Zest, Egg, and melted Butter. Once combined turn the mixer to low and add the buttermilk. Then slowly add the Flour mixture a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter into large muffin tins and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow Muffins to cool before enjoying.
If you bake these in a cupcake tin the cooking time will be closer to 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them until a toothpick comes out clean from the center to make sure not to over bake them.
Keywords: cupcakes, Gluten free, Lemon, Muffins, Poppy Seed