Creamy and flavorful Tuna cakes using leftover potatoes, tuna, and green onions. Perfectly flavored and quick to make.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 2-3 TBS Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups Pre-cook potatoes- Mashed (Leftover Mashed or Baked Potatoes work best)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 large clove Garlic (Minced/pressed)
- 2 Green onions (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cans Tuna Fish in water (Drained)
Optional serving suggestions
- Green onions
- Dijon mustard
- Tartar sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 TBS of oil.
- While the pan is heating up, thoroughly combine the potatoes, eggs, garlic, and green onions. Add in the salt, pepper, and tuna, and mix till just combined.
- Wet hands and grab a golf ball sized amount of potato mix and form a cake. Place the cake on a plate or piece of parchment paper. Repeat this with all of the potato mix.
- Now that the cakes are formed and the pan is hot place a few cakes on the skillet (don't overcrowd them). Cook for 3-4 minutes, till the bottom is golden brown, then carefully turn over. Cook for another 3-4 minutes and then remove from the skillet.
- Add another TBS of oil to the skillet and cook another round of cakes. repeat until all the cakes are cooked
- Serve immediately with optional sides (I love them with green onion and Dijon mustard).
Keywords: dairy free, Gluten free, Seafood, Tuna Fish