Italian Chicken Salad.
I obsessed over this Italian chicken salad this summer. I created it when I was desperate for lunch and short on time. I'm really bad about eating lunch and was trying to get out of the habit of just grabbing a handful of nuts or crackers. So naturally I raided my fridge and pantry. I wanted something flavorful and filling but that wasn't going to take forever (or make a ton of dishes).
I have probably eaten this once a week since it's creation. It's simple, quick to make, and flexible on ingredients. You can eat it as is, over a bed of mixed greens or between two slices of your favorite gluten free bread. You can even make a double batch and toss it with the mixed greens for a party side dish.
Ohh, I'm going to have to try it as a pasta salad next! Probably cold noodles and a little more marinade and mayo to make sure it coats all the noodles... don't mind me I'm thinking out loud, I'll report back on if it's a success though...
I'm a big Costco shopper and I found a two pack of marinated artichoke hearts there. I like to keep my pantry stocked with them. You can never have too many artichoke hearts. You can use whatever marinated artichokes you like but part of the magic of this recipe is the spices in the artichoke marinade. The canned chicken is also from Costco but you can easily find it in your local grocery store near the canned tuna.
I love this chicken salad as is, but you can add olives, or tomatoes, or chopped nuts to it as well. That's the great thing about salad, you can add whatever you want to it.
Make it, eat it, let me know you love it, and repeat.Print
Italian Chicken Salad
- Yield: 2
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- 2 TBS Artichoke marinade
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (Minced)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Artichoke hearts marinated in oil (Chopped)
- 3 Stalks Celery (Diced)
- 1 12.5 oz can Chicken breasts (Drained)
- Salad Greens
- Gluten free Sandwich bread
- Gather the ingredients. Cut up the celery, onion, and artichoke hearts . Open and drain the can of chicken.
- When everything is ready place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- You can serve it as is, but it is best over salad greens or between two slices of your favorite gluten free bread.
Keywords: Chicken, Gluten free, Italian, Salad