Loaded Potato Soup
Like a baked potato with all the fix’ins but in soup form. Creamy potato based soup with chunks of potato, green onions, cheese and bacon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups Stock
- 2 Large Russet potatoes (Peeled and diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Minced)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream (Plus extra for topping the soup)
- 3 Medium Russet potatoes (Washed and cubed)
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Large Green onions (Diced)
- 6 Thick slices Bacon (Sliced into thin strips)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- Place a dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add the stock, the peeled and cubed potatoes, and the onion. Place the lid on the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the potatoes and onions should be soft. Turn the burner to medium low and add the sour cream. Blend everything together. Use an emulsion blender or do it in batches using an upright blender.
- Once everything is smooth add the remaining cubed potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the potato chunks are soft.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon over medium-high heat till brown and crispy. Strain from fat and let cool on a paper towel to absorb the extra fat.
- Once the potato chunks are soft add the green onions and serve with bacon, cheddar, and extra sour cream on the side.
Keywords: Gluten free, Potato, Soup