Mint chocolate chip cookies are your new minty best friend.
I'm a sucker for the mint and chocolate combo. I normally get it in the form of Ice cream, but lately I'm been branching out. Chelsea over at Mile High Mitts made these amazing Mint Chocolate Chip Waffles back in December. Her waffle recipe is easy and tasty and I fell in love with using Mint Chocolate chips.
I've made those waffles a few times now and had stocked up the pantry with mint chocolate chips after the holidays. Seeing as I had so many I decided to try making something else with all those chips and my mind immediately went to cookies.
These cookies are the perfect comfort food when they are warm and still slightly gooey from the oven. I love the balance of mint and dark chocolate for these cookies.
Now, as much as my childhood self thought I would eat all the warm cookies as an adult, that isn't the case. Too much sugar, too many calories, and the sadness that none are left curbs the desire to eat them all. But that's okay, these cookies are also really good cold. They firm up and are more on the crunchy side. I love having them like this with a cup of tea or coffee for a quick pick me up.
I've also been known to stash some in the freezer and nibble on one when I need a sweet treat.
Don't keep the mint chocolate combo for only the holidays... it can satisfy all year long. Give these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies a try and let me know what you think!Print
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
The perfect pairing of mint and chocolate in a cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup Butter (Softened)
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup White sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ cups Bob's red mill's gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ 10 oz bag Mint Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar. Then add the egg.
- In a small bowl combine the 1 to 1 flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed add the dry mix to the wet. Once this is fully incorporated add the mint chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop out a golf ball sized amount of dough and place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat until the cookie sheet is full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are set and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Sever once cool enough to handle.
- Calories: 277
Keywords: Cookies, Gluten free