- Prep Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten free flour mix
- 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Lukewarm Water ((100F or below))
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
The Monkey Bread
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 TBS Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Caramom (*optional*)
- 8 TBS Unsalted butter- soft (plus a little more to grease the pan)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Whisk together the flour, yeast and salt. I like to do this in large plastic food container (that has a lid) for less dishes and easy storage.
- Add the water, honey, eggs and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the container or bowl with a cloth and allow to rest at room temp for about 2 hours, until the dough rises.
- You can use it immediately or (for better handling) refrigerate overnight (make sure the lid of the container is not on air tight when storing)
Making the Monkey Bread
- Butter a Bundt or large bread pan
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl and set aside.
- The dough will be sticky so make sure to dust your working surface, the dough and your hands well to prevent sticking. Divide the dough and shape each piece into a log about 1 1/2 inch in diameter, then cut them into 1/2 thick slices.
- Coat the dough pieces in the sugar and spice mixture and shape into balls before placing in the baking pan. Once all the dough is coated and rolled, loosely cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for an hour.
- 15 minutes before dough is done resting, preheat the oven to 350F
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and salt together in a sauce pan. Once the sugar has melted, pour this mixture over the raw monkey bread.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the bread is done in the center.
- Turn upside down on a serving plate and allow to cool slightly before serving.