Moroccan spiced Lamb with apricots and honey
Sweet and savory come together in this intoxicating dish. Lamb is cooked with Moroccan spices until tender and then smothered with apricots and honey to create an unbelievable sweet and tangy sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- 3 lbs Lamb pieces
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 pinch Saffron threads
- 2 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 2 Yellow Onions (Diced)
- 2 TBS Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Apricots
- 2 cups Hot water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- Place the lamb in a large dutch oven and sprinkle with salt.
- In a large measuring cup combine the 1 cup of water, saffron, and ras el hanout. Pour half of this mixture over the lamb. Reserve the other half for later.
- Place the onions and oil on top of the lamb and cover with water. Turn the burner to low and cook for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile place apricots in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let this soak for 2 hours.
- After two hours drain the apricots and add them to the lamb along with the reserved liquid. Cook this for another 20 minutes then add the honey and cook until caramelized and has created a sauce.
- Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds before serving.
Keywords: Gluten free, Lamb