This Paleo Pumpkin Cake Recipe is phenomenally moist, tender, and filled with pumpkin spice! It's topped with silky Coconut Caramel, and is so decadent you'll think you cheated on your diet.
Get that SWEET pumpkin spice fix WITHOUT breaking from your diet!
This paleo pumpkin cake recipe admittedly did not turn out as originally planned. I was aiming for a more bread-like coffee cake and this turned out moist, almost like a cross between bread and pudding. I was going to toss it into the 'needs work' pile of recipes, but I kept eating it, and really enjoyed the cake as it was, even if it wasn't what I originally set out to make. It was so good, it may be the best mistake I've ever made!
That's just how my kitchen works. I have an idea for something and I make it. Sometimes it doesn't turn out, and other times it's fantastic, and I make it again and again. But rest assured, the recipes I share with you here have been made again and again before they get to you.
So I decided to give you this recipe, the happy accident that it was, instead of putting it in the 'needs work' pile. It's a lush, moist, paleo cake, smothered with coconut caramel that adds the right punch of sweetness. I assure you, you and yours will LOVE this paleo pumpkin cake recipe!
Maybe I've been watching too much Bob Ross on Netflix, but I've nicknamed this cake the 'happy little accident cake'. Bob must not have had many kitchen accidents because they hardly ever turn out (at least for me) and this gluten free pumpkin coconut cake was a super pleasant surprise.
The flavor of this paleo pumpkin cake is phenomenal and will satisfy all your pumpkin spice cravings while still being paleo-approved. And that caramel? Oh boy, that caramel doesn't last long in my house. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I've only ever made traditional caramel once. Like, ever. I always opt for making this coconut caramel instead.
Looking for more paleo or gluten free fall recipes?
- Gluten Free Paleo Pumpkin Donuts
- Gluten Free Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- Starbucks Copycat Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones
- Gluten Free Mini Apple Hand Pies
- Easy Hearty Gluten Free Chili
If you've tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below!Print
Paleo Pumpkin Cake
This cake is rich, moist, and full of pumpkin flavor, all while still being paleo. So good, you'll think you cheated.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Almond meal
- ½ Cup Coconut Four
- 1 TBS Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (Ceylon*)
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Clove
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
The Caramel drizzle
- ¼ Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Can Full fat Coconut milk ( Chilled and solids separated from liquid)
- ¼ tsp Fleur de sel Salt
- Start with the caramel. Combine the palm sugar and coconut solids in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk occasionally to prevent burning and let this simmer until it darkens in color and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Set this aside for now.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda, and spices.
- In a stand mixer combine the pumpkin puree, egg, and honey. Once this is mixed together turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and scoop half the dough into it. Spread this out evenly then cover with 2 TBS Coconut caramel. Repeat with remaining dough and 2 more TBS Coconut caramel.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely. You can serve with remaining Coconut caramel once it's cool, but for best results chill for 2 hours before serving.