Your new favorite gluten free fall treat - delicious pumpkin coffee cake! A tasty cake that's best served with coffee, this gluten free pumpkin coffee cake recipe is sweet, moist, and flavorful. Layered with tangy cream cheese and topped with pumpkin spiced crumbles, you'd never know it was gluten free!
Pumpkin Spice Meets Coffee Cake!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake is the BEST way to celebrate and enjoy fall. I love eating seasonally, there is something about the rhythm of the seasons that is comforting. Flavoring your favorite treats with seasonal produce is an easy way to eat the things you love, but with seasonal flair. Hence, Fall = Pumpkin, Apples, and Pork recipes.
While I'm not obsessed with Pumpkin Spice, I do have some treats I look forward to once Pumpkin is in season. Pumpkin Coffee Cake is one of them. It's rich, moist, and has just the right amount of sweetness. This coffee cake is SUPER easy to make, and it keeps really well in the fridge.
I make a batch every week or so. That way, Mr. Everything and I can enjoy a quick slice for breakfast during the week. With coffee, of course!
The pumpkin isn't overwhelming, and the spices are just right. It's great on its own or with a cup of coffee (I've even had it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert). The little zing from the cream cheese balances out the flavors and the crumble adds an amazing texture. It's just sooo good, I can't stop eating it. You'll never want another gluten free pumpkin coffee cake recipe again, I swear it!
My favorite flour
I almost always use Bob's Red Mill's gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend. I've fallen in love with this flour mix and can't seem to bring myself to use any other. Not only because it works so well with my recipes, but I can also easily buy it in bulk at my local Smart Food Services (formerly known as Cash and Carry), which saves me a ton of $$$.
If you've got your own favorite blend or if Bob's red mill 1 to 1 isn't easily obtainable in your area, you can use another flour blend. Just be aware that it might not turn out exactly the same. The recipe may need a bit of tweaking depending on what flour blend you use.
If you follow this recipe to a T, I guarantee that no one will know it's gluten free unless you tell them. I had so many
test subjects family and friends surprised that it was indeed gluten free.
It also pairs well with my Coconut Caramel Latte. A cup of that and a slice of pumpkin cream cheese coffee cake are perfect in the morning.
Looking for more yummy gluten free fall recipes?
- Gluten Free Sage Pumpkin Pasta
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Paleo Pumpkin Cake with Caramel
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you've tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below!Print
Gluten free Pumpkin Coffee Cake make with cream cheese and crumble topping
Sweet, moist, and flavorful. This pumpkin coffee cake is going to rock your socks off. Perfect pumpkin cake is layered with tangy cream cheese and topped with pumpkin spiced crumbles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin puree
- ¼ Cup Avocado oil
- ¼ Cup Butter (Melted)
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill's 1 to 1 gluten free flour (Or preferred 1 to 1 blend (results my differ))
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (Ceylon*)
- ½ tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Clove
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
Cream cheese center
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill's 1 to 1 gluten free flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (Ceylon*)
- ½ Cup Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, white sugar, pumpkin purée, oil, butter and milk. Whisk until fully mixed.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Whisk until fully mixed.
- Slowing, add the dry ingredients to the wet, whisking constantly until fully combined.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 pan and spread out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Using a spoon, scoop out cream cheese mixture and place on top of the batter. Make sure to spread out the scoops so it will be easier to spread without shifting the batter. You can use the spoon or a spreading blade to carefully spread the cream cheese over the batter evenly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Once those are combined, then add the butter. Using a fork or your hands, mix the butter into the flour mixture till it has a sand-like texture and can be formed into a ball.
- Crumble the ball over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Try to cover it evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick can be poked into the center and come out clean.
- Cool and serve. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
*Ceylon Cinnamon is the true form of cinnamon. There are a few differences between Cinnamon's and this article covers what you need to know. I highly recommend reading it, and getting yourself some Ceylon Cinnamon. I get mine from Amazon.
Heads up! I use affiliate links on this page. If you purchase something using one of these links I will earn a small commission. Thank you!
Keywords: cake, coffee, coffee cake, cream cheese, Gluten free, strusel, pumpkin, fall