Are you looking for a delicious treat? These gluten free raspberry white chocolate scones go great with your afternoon tea, or pretty much whenever. The flavor combo or raspberry and white chocolate is really something unique, and something that almost everyone will enjoy.
Easy Gluten Free Raspberry White Chocolate Scone Recipe
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones have been a game changer for me.
I used to be a white chocolate snob and I avoided it at all cost. It's not really even chocolate, but a byproduct of chocolate making, using Cocoa butter (the fat), sugar, and milk solids. It does not contain any of the Cocoa solids which creates the brown chocolaty color and flavor chocolate lovers crave.
I still don't consider white chocolate 'chocolate' but my aversion to it has subsided and I see the need and enjoy it in certain applications. You wont see me eating a white chocolate bar anytime soon, but I've found a love for it in lattes or in baked goods like these scones.
Gluten Free Raspberry Scones with White Chocolate
This flavor combo came about when I ordered a chocolate mocha from a local coffee shop, and I was surprised at how much I liked it.
It was wonderfully balanced, with the perfect amount of sweetness and a lovely tang from the raspberry. I found myself ordering it when I was out for coffee and I wanted to play around with the flavor combo in my kitchen.
That's when these raspberry white chocolate scones were born. I've shared my love for scones with butter and jam before. So I took that recipe and added frozen raspberries and white chocolate chips. I love how they turned out.
They are balanced but have a nice sweetness and tart zing to them. Unlike the plain scones, adding jam or butter to these would be too overwhelming, they are perfect as is.
These scones keep well in a plastic bag if you don't eat all of them right away. I like them at room temp, right out of the bag, but if you want them reheated I recommend doing it in the oven or toaster oven and not the microwave. The microwave changed their texture and made them spongy.
I have yet to freeze any so if you try it let me know how they turn out!Print
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
Flaky and buttery scones get a zip of flavor from raspberries and an extra punch of sweetness from white chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter (Cold)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ⅔ cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries
- In a stand mixer combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut the stick of butter into cubes and add to the mixer. Mix until the butter is pea sized.
- Add the egg and buttermilk to the mixer and mix until fully combined.
- While the mixer is still running add in the white chocolate chips and then the frozen raspberries. Mix until they are just incorporated into the dough (try not to over mix or the raspberries will be mushes throughout the dough).
- Divide the dough in half and form into disks. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove the chilled dough, take off the cling wrap, and cut into eighths (cut in half, then in fourths, then in eighths). Repeat this with the other disk of dough.
- Arrange the scones on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. They will puff up slightly and start to become golden brown on the tops.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack. Serve as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
- Calories: 455
Keywords: Gluten free, Scones