Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
Flaky and buttery scones get a zip of flavor from raspberries and an extra punch of sweetness from white chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free 1 to 1 flour blend
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter (Cold)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2/3 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries
- In a stand mixer combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut the stick of butter into cubes and add to the mixer. Mix until the butter is pea sized.
- Add the egg and buttermilk to the mixer and mix until fully combined.
- While the mixer is still running add in the white chocolate chips and then the frozen raspberries. Mix until they are just incorporated into the dough (try not to over mix or the raspberries will be mushes throughout the dough).
- Divide the dough in half and form into disks. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove the chilled dough, take off the cling wrap, and cut into eighths (cut in half, then in fourths, then in eighths). Repeat this with the other disk of dough.
- Arrange the scones on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. They will puff up slightly and start to become golden brown on the tops.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack. Serve as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
Keywords: Gluten free, Scones