Pumpkin Sage Pasta
Creamy, Cheese, Pumpkin pasta with rich and earthy Sage. It's great as a new side at the holidays or as a seasonal dinner in the fall.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 TBS Avocado oil
- 4 Sage Leaves
- 3 cups Dried pasta (Penne and Rigatoni work well.)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Onion (Minced)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (Not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Chesse (Plus extra for a garnish)
- 2 tsp Sage (Fresh chopped)
- In a large sauce pan heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot add the whole sage leaves and fry, flipping once after 30 or so seconds. Once they are fried removed them from the oil and set aside on a paper towel (as long at the oil it hot it should only take a minute or two to fry them).
- In a medium sized pot pour 5-6 cups of water, add 2 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Then add the pasta and cook as directed for Al Dente.
- Meanwhile add the onions to the sauce pan that fried the sage. Cook the onions until soft then add the pumpkin puree, half & half, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix until combined. When this is about to simmer remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted into the sauce.
- The pasta should be done by now. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid, and add both the reserved liquid and the pasta to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Top with fresh sage, more Parmesan, and a fried sage leaf before serving.
Keywords: Gluten free, Pasta, Pumpkin