Chicken Stock in a slow cooker
Making nutritious and rich chicken stock has never been easier. After picking that bird clean of meat put everything in the slow cooker and add water and a secret ingredient. Skin, bones, and cartilage will transform and become a rich stock by morning that can be used immediately or saved for later use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 24 Cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Drinks, Main Course, Side Dish, Soup
- Cuisine: American, French
- 1 Chicken carcass (Everything can be used. bones, skin, cartilage, and any liquid from the roasting process)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place the chicken carcass and any skin or juices into a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the apple cider vinegar and top off with water. Put the lid on the slow cooker and set it to low.
- Let this cook for 8-12 hours. The smaller bones will break and crumble when pinched. Strain out the solids with a mesh ladle and strain the stock through cheese cloth before using or storing.
- The stock can be used right away or stored for later use. It will keep up to a week in the fridge or several months in the freezer.
Keywords: Broth, Chicken, Gluten free, Paleo, Stock