Perfectly Smashed Potatoes
Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside.. These smashed potatoes are worth every effort to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lbs Baby potatoes
- 1 to 2 TBS Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water till the potatoes are covered and water is about 1/2 above the potatoes. Place this on a medium-high burner and allow to boil. After 15-20 minutes the potatoes should be soft enough to pierce with a fork. Remove them from the heat and drain out the water.
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Get out a large baking sheet and place a few potatoes on it in a row. Take a drinking glass and press down on one of the potatoes, smashing it. Repeat this with all the potatoes.
- Once all the potatoes are smashed, drizzle them with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden on the outside. Serve immediately as is or with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: Gluten free, Potato